If you need help with a domestic project to extend or enhance your home or alter or extend your business premises Ian Minter Architects can help.
Architect and Principal, Ian Minter has a wealth of experience. He was formerly a partner at Lee Evans Partnership, a multi-disciplinary practice with offices in Canterbury & London which has featured regularly in the UK’s Top 100 architects.
Contact us for a no-commitment initial visit to your site or building, and a discussion about your project and the level of service you are likely to need.
why choose us?
Why choose a trained architect?
- Chartered architects (RIBA/ARB) undergo seven years of rigorous architectural training – the longest training period of all the professions, even doctors! Anyone can alter a building but it takes a trained architect to do it with imagination and professionalism.
- Architects bring impartial and creative thinking to projects, both small or large - whether you are adapting or expanding a building or constructing a new building.
- They also have the skills to guide you through every step of a project from initial design, to planning, and throughout the construction process to completion.
- Architects add value, maximise impact, functionality and future marketability of a building through imaginative and good design and their ability to maximise space, optimise light and choose the right materials.
Why choose Ian Minter Architects?
- Principal, Ian Minter, is a qualified chartered architect, ARB registered and a RIBA member with over 25 years’ experience working at partner level on both domestic and commercial projects for a practice which features regularly in the UK’s Top 100 Architects
- Ian Minter Architects offers a first class professional service and can guide you through the often complex procedures of planning permission and building regulations, monitoring the builder’s programme of works through to completion.
- To support your project the practice offers a range of complimentary services - Project Management, CDM, Fire Risk Assessment & Fire Safety Management.
- To give you peace of mind, RIBA members, are obliged to carry professional indemnity insurance.
Many people will offer to alter or design your building but it takes an architect to maximise its potential and to do it with flair, imagination and professionalism. Ian Minter Architects also has the experience to guide you through the often complex procedures of planning permission and building regulations as well as to monitor the builder’s programme of works through to completion.
Ian Minter Architects offers a complete Architectural Service from planning application to completion for most types of projects which include:
- Loft conversions
- Garage conversions
- Change of use and new builds
- Commercial premises
- Nursing and residential homes
- Listed buildings
Architecture is really about well-being. I think that people want to feel good in a space… On the one hand it’s about shelter, but it’s also about pleasure.